Sophie Bevan: Perfido!
A behind-the-scenes look at the recording of Sophie Bevan’s debut solo disc, with Ian Page and the The Mozartists....
Classical Opera recently embarked on MOZART 250, a ground-breaking exploration of Mozart’s life, works and influences. Each year we...
“The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established him as one of the most stylishly authoritative interpreters of the composer working today.” Opera Ian Page is the founder,...
Kristian Bezuidenhout at Wigmore Hall
Award-winning fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout, one of the most acclaimed musicians of his generation, joins Ian Page and Classical Opera to perform Mozart’s earliest keyboard concertos. Composed in the summer of 1767, these works were initially believed to be Mozart’s...
- "The Orchestra of Classical Opera, under Ian Page, created an almost deliriously beautiful sound, playing with imagination and verve. " Bachtrack
- "Page, to my mind one of the most talented of today’s younger British conductors, immediately announced himself with this CD as a natural Mozartian. " Early Music Review
- "The performance is thrilling, with exemplary singing and playing. " Gramophone
- "This was quite the best Mozartian recitative I’ve heard. . . " Independent on Sunday
- "This disc could receive the shortest review ever: Wow! " SA-CD.net
- "We’d been treated to that rare, marvellous thing: an evening of beautiful, unusual music played with obvious, unashamed intelligence. " The Independent on Sunday
- "What Signum Classics’ and Classical Opera’s recording of Il re pastore offers is, simply put, an account of the piece that comes as near to perfection as any performance might ever hope to do. " Voix des Arts
- "You can count on Page to come up with startlingly good singers… " The Times
- "The disc is not just a musicological feast but a vocal one… " Opera
- "All credit to Classical Opera for resurrecting a work brimming with delightful music. " The Evening Standard