“The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established...
Classical Opera recently embarked on MOZART 250, a ground-breaking exploration of Mozart’s life, works and influences. Each year we...
Where’er you walk Reviews
‘Where’er you walk’ was released in May 2016, and features Allan Clayton, Ian Page and The Orchestra of Classical Opera. It celebrates the life of John Beard, Handel’s favourite tenor. Beard created more Handel roles than any other singer, and this recording offers an...
Mozart in Europe Education Project
Classical Opera’s 2016 education project explored the journey taken by the 11-year old Mozart, as he travelled from London back to his home town of Salzburg in 1766. The project was taken into two schools in the London Borough...
- "The Orchestra of Classical Opera, under Ian Page, created an almost deliriously beautiful sound, playing with imagination and verve. " Bachtrack
- "Page, to my mind one of the most talented of today’s younger British conductors, immediately announced himself with this CD as a natural Mozartian. " Early Music Review
- "The performance is thrilling, with exemplary singing and playing. " Gramophone
- "This was quite the best Mozartian recitative I’ve heard. . . " Independent on Sunday
- "This disc could receive the shortest review ever: Wow! " SA-CD.net
- "We’d been treated to that rare, marvellous thing: an evening of beautiful, unusual music played with obvious, unashamed intelligence. " The Independent on Sunday
- "What Signum Classics’ and Classical Opera’s recording of Il re pastore offers is, simply put, an account of the piece that comes as near to perfection as any performance might ever hope to do. " Voix des Arts
- "You can count on Page to come up with startlingly good singers… " The Times
- "The disc is not just a musicological feast but a vocal one… " Opera
- "All credit to Classical Opera for resurrecting a work brimming with delightful music. " The Evening Standard