20th Birthday Concert – October 2017
Classical Opera and The Mozartists celebrate the company’s twentieth birthday with an unmissable concert of works by the three...
In 2015, Classical Opera embarked on MOZART 250, a ground-breaking exploration of Mozart’s life, works and influences. Each year...
The Mozartists was launched in 2017 as an extension of Ian Page’s internationally renowned period ensemble Classical Opera. While Classical Opera continues to perform and record complete operas, The Mozartists will present the company’s other concert work, enabling it...
“The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established him as one of the most stylishly authoritative interpreters of the composer working today.” Opera Ian Page is the founder,...
- "The Orchestra of Classical Opera, under Ian Page, created an almost deliriously beautiful sound, playing with imagination and verve. " Bachtrack
- "Page, to my mind one of the most talented of today’s younger British conductors, immediately announced himself with this CD as a natural Mozartian. " Early Music Review
- "The performance is thrilling, with exemplary singing and playing. " Gramophone
- "This was quite the best Mozartian recitative I’ve heard. . . " Independent on Sunday
- "This disc could receive the shortest review ever: Wow! " SA-CD.net
- "We’d been treated to that rare, marvellous thing: an evening of beautiful, unusual music played with obvious, unashamed intelligence. " The Independent on Sunday
- "What Signum Classics’ and Classical Opera’s recording of Il re pastore offers is, simply put, an account of the piece that comes as near to perfection as any performance might ever hope to do. " Voix des Arts
- "You can count on Page to come up with startlingly good singers… " The Times
- "The disc is not just a musicological feast but a vocal one… " Opera
- "All credit to Classical Opera for resurrecting a work brimming with delightful music. " The Evening Standard