Grabmusik / Bastien und Bastienne
Release date 14 September 2018 Signum Classics Order your copy here. Anna Lucia Richter, Alessandro Fisher, Jacques Imbrailo, Darren...
2018/19 Season Launch
We are delighted to announce the launch of our 2018/19 season: 18 September 2018 – 8 July 2019 Modern-day...
In 2015, Classical Opera embarked on MOZART 250, a ground-breaking exploration of Mozart’s life, works and influences. Each year we will explore the music that was being written by Mozart and his contemporaries exactly 250 years previously, following the...
“The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established him as one of the most stylishly authoritative interpreters of the composer working today.” Opera Ian Page is the founder,...
- "It is hard to imagine hearing another performance as convivial and life-affirming as this. " Gramophone
- "It was fun, fresh, thought provoking and one of the best nights at the opera that I can remember having! " Musical Opinion
- "The spirit of opera was raised by Page’s urgent conducting, crisp orchestral playing and a terrific cast, eager to take full advantage of the opportunities Mozart offers them. " The Daily Telegraph
- "Once again we salute the initiative of conductor Ian Page, a great pioneer, thanks to whom our understanding of Mozart and the music of his time is deepening. " Forum Opera
- "Beautifully paced and balanced, the ensemble is both directed and sung to near perfection. " Opera
- "It is hard to think of a more valuable or ambitious long term musical project than Ian Page and Classical Opera’s MOZART 250. " Early Music Review
- "What Signum Classics’ and Classical Opera’s recording of Il re pastore offers is, simply put, an account of the piece that comes as near to perfection as any performance might ever hope to do. " Voix des Arts
- "These young singers and a period-instrument orchestra – packed with many of the wisest practitioners in the business – deliver uniformly superb interpretations. " Gramophone
- "The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established him as one of the most stylishly authoritative interpreters of the composer working today. " Opera
- "All credit to Classical Opera for resurrecting a work brimming with delightful music. " The Evening Standard