“The series of Mozart operas being recorded under the direction of Classical Opera’s director Ian Page has already established...
Classical Opera recently embarked on MOZART 250, a ground-breaking exploration of Mozart’s life, works and influences. Each year we...
Mozart: Il re pastore
“One must live as if it would be forever, and as if one might die at each moment. Always both at once.” Attributed to Alexander the Great Mozart’s Il re pastore was commissioned by the Archbishop of Salzburg to...
Introducing Il re pastore. Short 1.
A short film in which Classical Opera’s artistic director Ian Page gives background on our latest CD release, including the plot of the opera.
- "The Orchestra of Classical Opera, under Ian Page, created an almost deliriously beautiful sound, playing with imagination and verve. " Bachtrack
- "fresh, diverse, insightful and illuminating. " Gramophone
- "Page, to my mind one of the most talented of today’s younger British conductors, immediately announced himself with this CD as a natural Mozartian. " Early Music Review
- "The disc is not just a musicological feast but a vocal one… This is a richly rewarding record, which I’ve been playing constantly and with pleasure every time. " Opera
- "The performance is thrilling, with exemplary singing and playing. " Gramophone
- "It was fun, fresh, thought provoking and one of the best nights at the opera I can remember having! " Musical Opinion
- "This was quite the best Mozartian recitative I’ve heard. . . Classical Opera feel like a true ensemble, and their generous acting and musicianship made the evening a joy from start to finish " Independent on Sunday
- "This disc could receive the shortest review ever: Wow! " SA-CD.net